At Wayne EyeCare we accept most major medical insurances and vision plans:
Your eye care is often covered through your vision plan for routine eye examinations and through your medical insurance when there is a medical condition involved. Our pleasant staff will verify eligibility and deductibles prior to your visit. Any balance not covered by the insurance plan will be due at the time of your visit.
Comprehensive Eye Examinations
It is recommended to have your eyes examined yearly. During the routine eye exam Dr Ramy Seyam will:
- Refraction : This accurately determines the eyeglass prescription and is a basis for the contact lens fitting
- Contact Lens Fittings: This allows the Doctor to choose the right lens for each patient based on the power, astigmatism, corneal curvature (base curve), work environment and lifestyles, and hobbies.
- Intra-Ocular Pressure : This measures for Glaucoma and needs to be assessed annually as there may be an absence of symptoms in this condition.
- Dilated Fundus Exam (Dilation): This allows the Doctor to carefully examine the back of the eye (Retina) for holes, tears, Retinal Detachments, Diabetic eye conditions, amongst other conditions.
- Other conditions such as Amblyopia (Lazy Eye), Strabismus (muscle disorders) , Dry Eye Syndrome, Conjunctivitis , and Ocular Allergies can also be detected routinely
Contact Lenses & Care
During the Contact Lens Fitting you will be fitted with the most appropriate lenses for your visual and lifestyle demands. The latest lens options will be offered in order to allow your eyes the best in quality. The fitting of contact lenses involves a separate fee from the eye exam and includes follow-up care for 3 months. Here are some additional points on the contact lens fitting:
- Every Lens will fit and feel different
- Each eye is unique in it’s anatomy, shape, and tear quality
- An improper fitting lens could cause discomfort and redness
Medical Eye Care
Dr. Ramy Seyam is licensed to treat ocular conditions with both topical and oral medications. This allows the doctor access to the most effective means of therapy in treating eye conditions. Dr. Seyam has extensive experience treating various medical eye conditions, beginning with his Residency in Ocular Disease in 2001. It is imperative not to delay contacting our office ( 973-832-7222 ) when experiencing ocular symptoms of :
- Loss of vision
- Halos around lights
- Floating spots
- Flashing lights
- Double vision
Urgent Eye Care
At Wayne EyeCare we are glad to serve your urgent ocular needs in a timely manner. We urge you to contact our office with any change in symptoms ranging from red and irritated eyes to flashing lights. These are often signs of underlying conditions that warrant prompt attention. Please do not hesitate in calling or visiting the office at 1055 Hamburg Turnpike Wayne NJ. If it happens to be after hours of operation, Dr Ramy Seyam will be notified and will promptly manage your condition.
Foreign Body Removal:
With life’s twists and turns, one may find that they have irritation due to having had a small object enter their eye. Often times this organic debri or metallic material causes pain, redness, and light sensitivity making it very difficult to open one’s eye. Contact our office immediately for proper care in foreign body removal.